To achieve the above purpose, SAADRI has the following objectives:
• To establish a South Asia research network that promotes and engages in all aspects of disaster research
• Over time, prepare a road map for guiding implementable research and help facilitate the alliance of disaster research institutes and groups to resolve challenges faced by field experts.
• SAADRI to promote capacity and development of disaster research institutes and enhance active exchange among researchers and students engaged in disaster research.
• Strive for active exchange and sharing of data and information for scientific research across the countries of South Asia to promote and support trans boundary risk reduction.
• To serve as an advocacy organization presenting evidence-based approaches and relevant innovation that influence decision-making processes.
• To develop partnerships with global and local organizations to learn and disseminate.